IranbyBit https://iranbybit.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Logo-Iranbybit-new-180x38-6.png IranbyBit2019-09-24 17:17:152021-01-23 16:34:11Yazd
- Famous for: Various delicious sweets, silk fabric like Termeh, wind catchers, great mosques, mud-brick old town
- Good for people with the personality of: Historic lovers, nature and desert surfers
- Climate: Hot desert
- Ethnic groups: Persians
- Language/Dialect: Farsi with Yazdi accent
- population: 529,673
- Famous dishes: Ash-e-Shooli (Shooli Potage), Ashe- Gandom (Wheat Potage), Ash-e-Aloo (Plum Potage), Ash-e-Abghooreh (Verjuice Potage), Ashe- Mash (Mung bean Potage), Ashe- Anar (Pomegranate Potage), Gheimeh-Nokhod Stew, Beh-Aaloo Stew
- Handicrafts: Termeh, Gelim, Pottery and Ceramics, carpet, Zilu, giveh, Metal forgery, tile masking
- How many days to stay: 3-4
- How to get there: Bus: Alghadir terminal, Train: Yazd railway station (express train only takes 6 hours from Tehran), Taxi or personal car: about 620 km from Tehran, Flight: 1hour from Tehran
- Places to see/activities to do: Jameh Mosque of Yazd, Towers of silence, Old City, Dolat-Abad Garden, Zoroastrian Fire Temple, Amir Chakhmagh, Kharanagh, Water Museum, Yazd Art House, Museum of Zoroastrians History and Culture
- Suggested Tours/local guides: Desert trekking, visit Kharangah village, visit Fahraj village
- Suggested Hotels/hostels/lodges/eco-lodges: Bidsokhteh guesthouse, Qashqai hostel, Sarv-e-Kohan ecolodge, Termeh hotel, Moshir al-Mamalek hotel, Mehr hotel, Malek o Tojar Antique Hotel, Kohan Hotel, Jungle hotel, Badgir hostel, Fahadan Museum Hotel, Koobe ecolodge, Mostofi guesthouse
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!